Pages

Thursday 22 October 2009

I’ve been a naughty little monkey

I thought I had cracked this social media thing, but it turns out I haven’t been playing nice with the PR community since I burst onto the PR and social media scene.

In fact, I received a very nice email with some good advice:
You’re meant to be building relationships, not breaking them down. Creating adversaries so early in your career – especially a career where on and offline word of mouth is key – will most certainly do you more harm than good in the long run.

I’ve been a naughty little monkey indeed. So let me take this opportunity to say that if I have publicly insulted anyone, then I am sorry. Navigating the egos, hot air and drivel from self-styled influencers is truly a minefield and I got it wrong. This social media stuff isn’t as easy as it looks!

The truth is, I look up to so many of you in the PR community. So let’s start fresh, with a new more humble and subtle Sean376. Let’s call me Sean376 2.0.