Pages

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Thanks for making me feel so welcome!

What a day!

From being rejected for a beer by @twathoang and his ‘real friends’ to being a trending topic on Twitter(1) - I’ve finally made my mark on the UK social media 'scene'(2).

[note: @EdelmanHR, give us a job]

Just look at what the Twitterati have said:
  • @Bencotton (Who is so brilliantly ahead of the curve, he’s got his Obama avatar ready for the NEXT general election!)
  • @ChrisReed (Ginger, glasses. Enough said.)
  • @litmanlive (Hero; needs no introduction.)
  • @Jedhallam (The catalyst for my new found fame due to his boner-inducing insights into how he interacts with his friends through social media. Must read stuff here folks.)
  • @Maxicom (Some say he has a punchable face, but I say he’s completely ZANY! Look at that eyebrow. Mad!)
  • @mynameisearl (Like the TV show! Get it!)
  • @wadds (Compere extraordinaire... with no hair.)
  • @benayers (He has the social media X Factor, whatever that might be)
These people have a combined following of about 100,000 people, at least. Have you ever even met so many people? Didn’t think so.

Their kind words are definitely going in my LinkedIn profile. Right next to the section where I try and make out that being in a band is a real job.

Right, off t’shop to buy me some Hovis!!! (then Loose Women before spending the rest of the day harassing/hitting on @EdelmanHR).

Yorkshire! Yorkshire!

1- which we know is a good indication of what EVERYONE is talking about
2- which we know is a good indication of what EVERYONE in business is talking about