Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Sean376's Social Policy

As all the influencers in the world have social policies, I obviously have one too. I hadn’t published until now because it’s been stapled to the back of my bedroom door – for all the ladies to see.

So here’s my social policy;

1. You can reach me anytime, any way, any reason why. Unless you’re Antonia Katasmabis from Edelman, that fox calls too many times already.
Here’s my priority list for when to contact me;

  • Speaking opportunities (I’m speaking at Le Web next year, keynote, bitches)
  • Business ventures (Edelman and Speed have already been in touch, but I’m looking for something bigger – maybe WPP should give me a call?)
  • Book signings (both my guide to Social Measurement and my guide to Penis Measurement)
  • iPhone application designs (creds: I did Michael Litman’s for him)
  • Drinks with hot girls


2. You can ‘bell me’ (I’m in with the kids) on 0207 1 376376, visit the 376 office on Greek Street or alternatively, you can spend all your time stalking me on the Internet and attempting to get a job offer out of it, only to be told you have little to no experience but that I’ll hire you as my new head of digital once you’re blog has over 50 subscribers. That’s how I roll.

3. If you have my email address, always ask for a LinkedIn recommendation. Even if we haven’t worked together, or met, or spoken. Even if you’ve guessed my email address. Even if you once saw a picture of my dad and thought it was someone you knew but then found out it wasnt someone you knew. Even then.

4. Facebook – I use Facebook to keep up with everyone from Leeds Met. I studied PR there and I’m friends with all the girls on the course. Which is all of the course. Plus I have over 30k photos on there, including classics such as ‘holding my camera high up pose’, ‘black and white of half my face pose’ and the amazing ‘photoshopped onto an amusing body pose’.

5.Twitter. Ev got in touch recently to tell me to slow down on Twitter, my follower rate is so high the Twitter servers cant deal with it. Fuck him, I’m popular and he’ll have to deal with it.

6. Bebo – this is mainly where I trawl for cyber sex friends, so unless you’re hot, don’t bother.

7. Spotify – as one of the founders of Spotify, I like people to send me mix tapes that indicate how cool I am. I also use mixtapes to show my Twitter followers how cool I am – I released three this week – one was Bavarian techno, the second was Welsh rappers with names beginning with K and the third was Snow Whites Dirty tape – overdubbed Disney tracks.

8. Email. I like email, I can hide behind it.

9. In real life, I like to network a lot. Come over and say Hi. However, if I don’t think that you will be useful to me (i.e. you haven’t got a blog where i can send you shit stories for you to post and which I then class as a hit to my client), I’ll ignore you like I do with @tommalcolm. However, if you are well known (over 200 followers on Twitter) I will find you and stand patiently eyeballing you until you feel too uncomfortable to carry on your conversation. This is how I also make friends.
*Please note, this does not apply if you are female and at least average looking.

So, bear this in mind and get in touch. Not you Antonia.